NYC – Finally, a Picture Post That ISN’T About Exhibitionism


After my post yesterday, it’s only fair that I share all the fun I had with W in New York City when we were just being, you know, a normal couple. No kink, no sex, no flashing or rope. ;-) Just us enjoying one of my favorite cities in the world – a pleasure I never would have discovered if not for W, who introduced me to the city. If not for him, I never would have gone to Manhattan; it was never on my “places I want to visit” list.  Further, if he hadn’t shown me the city the way that he did, staying in his daughter’s apartment and being able to experience it more like a resident than a tourist staying in a hotel, I don’t think I ever would have fallen in love with it.

But he did, and I did, and I feel that experiencing the city with him the way that I did has changed me somehow, tho I could not articulate exactly how. But I guess I don’t need to. I just need to know it is so, and to be grateful to him for it.

So. After my long, eventful weekend in Atlantic City at the spanking party, I was ready to come back to W and spend some time with him in Manhattan.  He had stayed behind at his daughter’s apartment to help her renovate a bathroom while I had gone to Atlantic City, and we had added three days in Manhattan after I got back from AC onto our trip. I had so much to share with him about the party, and what I really wanted and needed was a little time to reconnect kinkwise with him, but that just wasn’t a possibility – we were staying at his daughter’s place for those three days. It was incredibly generous and sweet of her to invite us, but I would have given anything that first night to have stayed in a hotel, so I could share it all with him – and he could “reclaim” me. In the end though, since that was the weekend my sister passed away, it maybe worked out for the best.  And even though I was nervous about meeting his daughter, son-law and granddaughter, I was thrilled that he had finally offered to introduce me to his family. That was no small thing for him, even after five years of dating, and it meant a lot to me that he was finally taking that step.

As we did on our last trip to NYC, we did a lot of walking. I adore walking and riding the subway in NYC. The first day we decided to go down to the West Village to wander around. I had a vague idea that I wanted to get the Boychild a gift, but mostly we just wanted to spend some time reconnecting as a couple, and walking and talking is one of our favorite ways to connect.

It was cold though, and by the time we finished our lunch at Cowgirl, I was already thinking about heading back to the apartment.


It’s easy to see why we stopped here for lunch, isn’t it?

I hated the idea of spending a day inside, but I hate being cold, and I had not packed for the chilly temperatures. But as I stood on a street corner, shivering, waiting for the light to change, trying desperately for a “stiff upper lip” in the 40 degree weather, W put his arms around me consolingly.

“There’ll be other trips,” he promised. “Let’s get you home and warmed up.”

I nodded unhappily, very disappointed in my inability to just “deal with it,” and we turned to try to locate the nearest subway entrance. Just at the moment we passed by a tiny, recessed doorway, though, a gust of wind blasted me, and I couldn’t stand another moment in the cold.

“Please,” I said, “can we just duck in here for a moment?” He said of course, and into the little boutique we went. And inside I found the most gorgeous scarf. It wasn’t a cold weather scarf, but it was voluminous, and I knew it would solve my issues with the cold. I wrapped it around my head and neck and draped it over my shoulders. W laughed when I declared myself “fortified” for the weather, but I was right – having my head covered was all I needed.

That and several stops in any number of boutiques and bars to warm up along the way! So off we went exploring again…

Unfortunately I only took two pictures before my phone died, but I did manage to find the Boychild a gift.


I loved the names, “A Salt & Battery” and “Tea & Sympathy.”


I don’t know why I found these “beehives” so enchanting, but I did!

I found this in a vintage shop. The Boychild loves hats.

I found this hat in a vintage shop. The Boychild loves hats.

So that was the first day. That night I got to know W’s daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter, and they turned out to be not-scary-at-all. In fact I quite liked them. ;-)

The next morning we headed out to Central Park. I was running quite a bit then, and I was in NYC – I had to run in Central Park (according to my daughter.)

So I did.

Running at the Grand Basin in Central Park.

Running at the Grand Basin in Central Park.

The view.

The view.

A better view.

A better view.

And an even better one.

And an even better one.

After we got back from the park, we decided to head over to the High Line. It was such a gorgeous day and we wanted to take advantage of the suddenly spectacular weather. (“I think the City is trying to make up for its poor behavior yesterday,” I said.) If you’ve been to the City and haven’t gone on the High Line – go go go next time you are there.


Taking my bird for a walk on the High Line.


It was a gorgeous day. We had gyros (sp?) from a food truck and lunched right here.

That's my scarf from the day before!

That’s my scarf from the day before!



A block long building. two of them side-by-side!

A block long building. Two of them side-by-side!

Loved this mural.

Loved this mural. And the graffiti. I actually like graffiti.

I liked these guys painting the wall too.

I liked these guys painting the wall too.


And this cool billboard! (Ok, I HAD to find a little kink somewhere, right?)



A nice person offered to take our picture so we also have one not of the "big head" variety.

A nice person offered to take our picture so we also have one not of the “big head” variety.

And that, my friends, concludes our photo tour of W’s and my last trip to New York. There was actually lots more walking around, and a fantastic dinner out with W’s daughter and her husband, and coffees and bagels and pizza and wandering around her neighborhood, but I kept leaving my phone behind, possibly deliberately, as I was also dealing with some heavy duty family stuff at the same time, and I needed some time away from it while we wandered around. W was so very good at helping me take the necessary time away from all of it while I tried to find a way to come to grips with it all, never pushing me to do or not do. When I needed to cry, he let me, and when I needed to pretend that this moment, when the sun was shining and the world was this bright, beautiful place, was all there was, he let me do that, too, no questions asked. There is never a “good” time or way to find out a sibling has died, but I am grateful that it happened when it did, because I think I was able to deal with it much better.

This trip will always be a little bittersweet for me, for that reason, but thanks to W, more sweet than bitter.



  1. ancilla ksst

    New York is on my list of places I want to visit. We had made plans to go there a couple of times, but something always came up to get in the way. I love your pictures.

    1. Jade Post author

      Thank you so much! I can’t believe it took me so long to post them…looking them made me tear up a little, remembering. Maybe that’s why I waited. ;-)

  2. Pingback: New York, New York! - Kink and Poly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *